What we do
We service all cities in the Maricopa County Area
- El Mirage
- Litchfield Park
Being a full service residential real estate appraisal firm, we perform appraisals for a wide variety of purposes.
- Mortgage Lending
- Relocation Appraisals
- REO (Foreclosures) and Short Sales
- Appraisal Review
- Homeowner or Individual Products
Our work is generated through the latest means of computer technology available in the appraisal industry
- Computer databases updated with the most current information for sales data and neighborhood information
- Digital color photographs incorporated in each appraisal report
- All available residential appraisal forms which are Windows based software
- Computer generated floor plans and site plans
- Electronic delivery capabilities of appraisal reports are available dependent upon client need and compatibility
Curtis Appraisal Consultants is a real estate fee appraisal firm specializing only in the appraisal of residential properties in the Phoenix and surrounding Maricopa County area. All of our appraisers are state certified residential appraisers and have more than 30 years of experience in residential appraisal. Our appraisers currently maintain both mandatory and voluntary continuing education requirements and we are current on changes in government regulations and client requirements regarding residential appraisal reporting.
Our appraisal reports are completed in compliance with the following agencies:
- The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
- Arizona Department of Financial Institutions
- Arizona Department of Real Estate
- Code of Professional Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice of the Appraisal Institute
Curtis Appraisal Consultants is also a licensed Real Estate Brokerage Firm in the State Arizona – License Number SE661533000.
Michael Curtis, RM, SRA, REALTOR® – Owner/Senior Consultant
Michael began his career as an appraiser in 1984 in the metropolitan Houston, TX area, working through a variety of housing markets and adapting to many changes in the industry over the decades. In 1992, he opened Curtis Appraisal Consultants to better serve the needs of his expanding client list. From 2004 to 2015, Michael moved his operations to Seattle, Washington and enjoyed the beauty of the Northwest. In 2016, he moved his service and experience to the Maricopa County area of Arizona to enjoy the sun and beautiful desert landscape.
Michael holds both RM and SRA Designations with the Appraisal Institute and is currently certified under the Continuing Education Requirements of the Appraisal Institute.
2017 Appraiser of the Year Nominee by The Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business.
Memberships, Licenses, and Certifications:
- Arizona Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser Certificate Number 22437
- Licensed REALTOR® of the National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Member of the Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service (ARMLS)
- Member of the West Maricopa County Association of Realtors (WEMAR).
- Real Estate Broker in the State of Arizona, License Number BR661533000
Our residential appraisal reports are always done in a timely fashion.
Accuracy is critical, and we take pride in our ability to produce the most accurate appraisals.
We value our customers and work hard to earn their repeat business and referrals. We look forward to serving your home appraisal needs.